Rotating your car’s tires at Brookfield CDJR, the tire rotation service near Dowagiac, is imperative to minimize wear and keep your vehicle driving safely. The tires will last longer, they’ll wear evenly, and your car will ride and handle better.
Tires should be rotated periodically to prevent irregular wear. If you live in Dowagiac, tire rotation can be done quickly when you visit Brookfield CDJR in Benton Harbor. The service technicians will move the tires from the front of the vehicle to the back, from one side to the other, or a combination of both.
The proper tire-rotation pattern is essential. It will extend the tires’ life and help to prevent sudden tire failure, which could result in a flat tire or a blowout. The front and rear tires perform different jobs, as do the tires on front- and rear-wheel-drive vehicles. Check your owner’s manual for specific recommendations for your car’s tire-rotation.
If you own a front-wheel-drive vehicle and fail to rotate the tires regularly, the front tires will wear out faster than the rear tires, resulting in a loss of control when driving on wet or slippery road surfaces. Bringing your car to the Brookfield CDJR Service Center for regular tire rotation will keep the tires from cupping, a condition that creates vibration and cabin noise. Some tire manufacturers require owners to rotate the tires regularly to keep from voiding the warranty.
There are three common rotation patterns in use: forward cross, rearward cross and x-pattern.
• Forward cross: This pattern is used for vehicles with front-wheel drive. The front tires are moved straight back to the rear. The rear tires move to the front, but the left and right rear tires switch sides.
• Rearward cross: This pattern is best for rear-wheel-drive or four-wheel-drive vehicles. The rear tires are moved to the front, and the front tires move to the rear and switch sides.
• X-pattern: This is another pattern that can be used for front-wheel drive vehicles. The front tires move to the rear and switch sides, and the rear tires move to the front and switch sides.
There are two patterns used for high-performance tires: front-to-back and side-to-side.
• Front-to-back: Directional tires should always be rotated with front tires moving to the rear, and vice versa. The tires always stay on the same side of the vehicle.
• Side-to-side: If your vehicle has non-directional tires that are different sizes, they should be rotated using the side-to-side pattern, which simply involves switching the sides of the front and rear tires.
While it’s possible to rotate your car’s tires yourself, it’s best to bring it to a service center like the Brookfield CDJR Service Center. Most drivers don’t have the experience or the tools necessary to do the job correctly. At Brookfield CDJR, we’ll rotate the tires, inspect them for wear, check the tire pressure, and reset the tire-pressure monitors.
Brookfield CDJR is located at 1845 Pipestone Rd. in Benton Harbor. We have convenient hours to serve you. Check our website for our hours and directions. Call us and make a service appointment for your tire rotation.
Brookfield Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
1845 Pipestone Road
Benton Harbor, MI 49022 Get directions